North Coast New South Wales covers the towns just past the Central Coast if you are driving from Sydney towards Brisbane in Queensland. Major townships and popular places within the North Coast include Coffs Harbour, Byron Bay, Lismore, Ballina, Grafton, Casino, Tweed Heads, Port Macquarie, Kempsey, Port Stephens, Hunter Valley, Lake Macquarie, and Murwillumbah.
Must See Parks in the North Coast
Here is a list of National Parks that you and your family can visit for sightseeing, camping, or simply road tripping. Cape Byron State Conservation Area is great for school excursions and is home to Cape Byron lighthouse, heritage accommodation, walking tracks, scenic lookouts and the Cape Café. Make sure you make stop over for a beautiful photo and enjoy a great coffee. Truly, North Coast is home to some of the best beaches in Australia, national parks boast spectacular walking tracks, top spots for whale watching, snorkelling and fishing – and World Heritage Gondwana Rainforests. Enjoy your adventure!!!
- Brisbane Water National Park
- Barrington Tops National Park
- Myall Lakes National Park
- Sea Acres Nature Reserve
- Dorrigo Rainforest Centre and National Park Dorrigo Skywalk
- Wollumbin-Mount Warning National Park
Tourist Attractions and Activities
- Hunter Valley Fine Wine Tasting and fabulous food.
- Scuba diving in the diverse marine world of Solitary Islands Marine Park, off the coast at Coffs Harbour.
- World Heritage-listed Barrington Tops National Park.
- The Channon markets on the scenic road to Lismore.
- Historic Trial Bay Gaol at South West Rocks.
- Sand dunes of Stockton Beach, north of Newcastle.
BOOK YOUR HOTEL AT NORTH COAST
- Byron Bay 374 hotels
- Port Macquarie 168 hotels
- Nelson Bay 341 hotels
- Yamba 97 hotels
- Shoal Bay 156 hotels
- Ballina 45 hotels
- South West Rocks 44 hotels
- Forster 45 hotels
- Taree 21 hotels
- Salamander Bay 41 hotels
- Fingal Bay 95 hotels
Browse Family Getaways and Holidays Here