Over the next twenty years, the western edge of Sydney’s CBD, Barangaroo – a 22 hectare former container port – will be transformed into a 21st century icon. It will provide a new benchmark in sustainable living and a place for Sydneysiders to visit and enjoy. This is an extraordinary opportunity for urban renewal. The 22 hectare site is divided into three project areas: Barangaroo Point, Central Barangaroo, and Barangaroo South. It is owned by the NSW Government and managed by the Barangaroo Delivery Authority.
Barangaroo Project Highlights:
– A $6 billion+ CBD and public waterfront
– The Crown Sydney at Barangaroo South will become Sydney’s first six-star luxury hotel resort
– It will reconnect Sydney CBD city to the waterfront of the western harbour
– Barangaroo Point is a spectacular 5.7 hectare harbour park, and is on track to open in mid 2015
– 50% of this project will be public open space and parkland including a continuous waterfront promenade
– The headland will be a place to relax, socialise and explore, with bush walks, picnic areas, walking paths, tidal pools, a cultural and exhibition space, as well as direct access to the water.