Port Stephens New South Wales is dubbed as “The Dolphin Capital of Australia.” You can drive to Port Stephens for about 2 ½ hours towards North of Sydney by car. You can also catch a short direct flight from Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and the Gold Coast to Newcastle Airport, which is only about 25 minutes drive from Port Stephens.
If you are planning a family getaway, include Port Stephens New South Wales on your list. It is one of Sydney’s perfect holiday destination. Port Stephens’s harbour is more than twice the size of Sydney Harbour. This place hosts a resident population of over 150 playful dolphins! Dolphin Watch cruises are the major activities that families must try.
The best time for Whale Watching is between May to November. If you are not keen to do whale watching, Port Stephens has great spots for family fishing. There are also beautiful beaches for diving, swimming, and water sports for the whole family. It is also famous for its sand dunes. Families will enjoy sand boarding on Port Stephen’s 40 metre sand dunes or simply take one of those 4 wheel drive sand dune adventures.
Port Stephens Private Tour From Sydney, with Dolphin/ Whale Cruise Options
It takes over four hours to reach Port Stephens from Sydney by public transit. Experience this signature seaside destination in just a day when you book this fully customizable private tour, with 2-way transfers direct from most central Sydney accommodation. Depending on the season, you might choose to join a dolphin-watching or whale-watching cruise, sandboard down the dunes at Anna Bay, ride a camel, or simply enjoy the beach.
- Spend the day in Port Stephens with a private driver/guide
- Opt to join a cruise to watch dolphins or whales (in season)
- Private tour means space to spread out on the journey
- Collects and drops direct to most central Sydney accommodation, saving time.
- Hotel/port pickup
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Bottled water
Price varies by group size
BOOK YOUR HOTEL OR ACCOMMODATION AT PORT STEPHENS
- Nelson Bay 341 hotels
- Shoal Bay 149 hotels
- Salamander Bay 41 hotels
- Fingal Bay 95 hotels
- Corlette 67 hotels
- Anna Bay 22 hotels
- Soldiers Point 31 hotels
- Hawks Nest 8 hotels
- Tea Gardens 9 hotels
- Lemon Tree Passage 6 hotels
- CLICK HERE to Search for Hotels and Accommodations at Port Stephens New South Wales
- CLICK HERE for Cheap Hotels and Accommodations at Port Stephens, NSW
- CLICK HERE to Search for the Cheapest Flights