Local Emergency Phone Number:111 or 0800 779 997
76 confirmed dead
238 reported missing
164 patients had been admitted as “seriously injured 80 per cent of the city without reticulated water 40 per cent of the city without power
$16 billion JP Morgan damage estimate
1000 number of rescuers by this weekend
40 police cordons in the city
1464 New Zealand Defense Force personnel directly supporting the operation
431 people had gone through the Emergency Department 20 people are thought to remain in the pancaked PGC building
Source: NZ Herald staff, NZPA
CLICK HERE to Read full story
Here’s a video footage uploaded at Youtube by TVNewZealand showing the aftermath of the 6.3 Magnitude Earthquake in Christchurch, New Zealand.
All funds will be used towards the New Zealand Red Cross response to the disaster, including transport and provision of goods. As weeks go by, different needs will be identified and Red Cross, there for the long haul with your help, will be meeting them.
Donations to this appeal can be made to:
- Online at www.redcross.org.nz/donate
- By cheque to: New Zealand Red Cross 2011 Earthquake Appeal, Freepost 232690, PO Box 12140, Thorndon, Wellington 6144
- By Direct Credit Transfer to our Special Appeal Bank Account: Kiwibank 38-9009-0759479-00 and the account name is RED CROSS.
- By Direct Credit Transfer to our Special Appeals Bank Account: ASB 12-3192-0015998-02
- At any branch of PostShop Kiwibank, ASB and ANZ bankwould you like to donate from overseas?
Our sister national societies in Australia and the UK have set up appeals to help raise much needed funds to support the work of New Zealand Red Cross as we respond to the earthquake in Christchurch.
Source: New Zealand Red Cross Website